T – We decided to hold off on our posts for a few days as we both felt that we were being a little negative because of how we have been feeling. We really dont want to drag down the tone of our posts!
So we had a few very short riding days to try to slow down our pace a little as well. We had a few things to discuss between us and the biggest of them all was what is next. We have been riding quite aimlessly the last week or two not knowing what we should do or what direction we should head in. We had a couple of air freight quotes come in from Buenos Aires for heading to the US, Canada and back to Australia.
C – Since we hit Vancouver in April last year, we have had a riding goal – to reach Alaska and then ride south, south, south until we hit Tierra del Fuego. Then head north until we hit Buenos Aires. These destinations seemed so far away, even when we got to Tierra del Fuego, Buenos Aires still seemed a long way away. So, we did not really give much thought to where next. Sure, we dreamed out loud about possibilities, but we really had no idea what we might do once in Buenos Aires.
T – Our hearts wanted to go north, to continue on our journey forever, neither of us want to end this trip, we are still excited to see more of the US and Canada, but we also want to ride Europe, the Middle East and Asia yet. One thing we both have noticed is that we have stopped feeling excited and awed by the countries we pass through and we had said way back during our planning stages that if we ever stopped feeling that way then we would stop, reset, rest and start again. We are in no rush and still have no end date in mind.
C – We came to the conclusion that we needed to assess our excitement levels about each destination and then look at how financially “efficient” these choices were, given we have a set budget for the Americas leg (neither of us want to go above our budget because we always want to have a comfortable amount in savings for whatever may come in the future). Every way we looked at it, one destination made the most sense – financially and for “resetting” our travel mojo.
T – So we decided that for now it was best, for us mentally, to stick with our original plan, which was to ship back to Australia once we had reached Buenos Aires. So that is what we have decided to do. We intended to ship home around xmas this year, so we go home a little early. Rosie is in dire need of some loving and for us it will be easier to strip her down and fix her up good and proper while we are stopped for a bit. Her engine is almost cactus, her wiring is shot, and she rattles from her nose to her bum.
So while this isnt our prefered plan it is our new plan. We will be doing a bit of an excursion once we hit Oz and we will continue to post up as we are quite excited to show off our beautiful homeland too.
C – We are also excited to see family and friends in Australia and explore more of our own beautifully weird country. I am feeling excited about all the possibilities for travel in Australia (avoiding the rest of the southern hemisphere winter being one of them!).
T – So we apologise for any negativity that may have come across in our blog. We try to keep it honest with how we feel, but also realise no one wants to listen to two twits whinge on and on all day! Thanks to you all for following us on our journey!
Next up though is Uruguay! Which we know nothing about!